: NairobiReports to
: Principal Investigator.
The position holder will be expected to provide leadership and clinical support to a research clinic team involved in providing a vaccine against Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and other reproductive health services to adolescent girls and young women.
In addition,they will provide oversight and leadership for the daily conduct of clinical studies as a designee of the Principal Investigator.Principal Duties
Education and Experience
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring and guidance to clinical staff in all aspects of trial conduct and project orientation to ensure compliance with protocols and guidance documents
- Promote good clinical practice in the conduct of clinical studies and provide medical input at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Ensure preparedness of staff and site for study implementation
- Participate in participant review and care, and in all study procedures as guided by study protocols
- Oversee all clinic and other study personnel performing study specific tasks and procedures
- Oversee regulatory submissions and approvals to local and international institutional review boards or ethical review committees
- Maintain all study records including but not limited to, regulatory binders, study specific source documentation and other materials as required.
- Coordinates and facilitates monitoring and auditing visits, notifies appropriate institutional officials audits, responses to any findings and implements approved recommendations.
- Act as liaison between investigators, participants and staff
- May perform other job related duties as requested or required
- At least a degree in medicine and surgery (MBCHB)
- Masters of Public Health or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Experience in a clinical research setting is preferred
- Demonstrated competence in female reproductive health service delivery - particularly in cervical cancer screening.
- Knowledge of clinical trial ethics and Good Clinical Trial Practice will be added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have valid retention certificate from KMPDB
Terms of Employment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with clinicians, other study staff, participants, administrators, regulators, monitors and sponsors.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills to independently manage work flow.
- Ability to prioritize quickly and appropriately
- Ability to multi-task.
- Meticulous attention to detail
Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Country: 366 views